Cancellation/Refund Policy for Orders + Delivery
*These policies and procedures apply to call-in and online orders ONLY, not events and catering services that require a contract and/or proposal. See below this section for catering + events/contract + proposal information*
We take pride in all of our sweets no matter the occasion. Even then, a few times a year we have an unsatisfied customer. If you are unhappy with your order and/or purchase, please notify us immediately (within 24 hours of pick-up) of your concern and return your dessert to us. We will review the case and determine the nature of the problem. Once evaluated, we will give you credit for the amount returned for use toward a future purchase if applicable.
Order Cancellation Policy:
We understand that plans can change and we will try our best to assist you in making changes to your order date and time whenever possible. We can assist you in re-scheduling your order for a later date free of charge if the order has not been started. Charges may be incurred if specialty items for the order have already been purchased or made.
We accept weekday cancellations by phone or email prior to 12:00 pm, 3 business days before your order pick-up or delivery time. All changes must be handled directly with a manager. All refunds will be provided as in-store credit.
We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if insufficient time is given, as stated above, due to costs incurred in the purchase, priority and preparation of the order.
Charges for cancellations after the above time will be as follows: 25% of the entire order will be charged for cancellations 48 hours prior to the event and 100% of the entire order will be charged for canceling the order after that time.
It is entirely up to our discretion, to change or otherwise offer any other options to the customer. Special orders (decorated cakes, custom cookies, or special catering desserts) that are not picked up will NOT be refunded.
As stated above, special orders (decorated cakes, custom cookies, or special catering desserts) that are not picked up will NOT be refunded.
If your order required a staff member’s time/help to design or finalize the order (does not apply to proposals created) and you wish to cancel entirely, you may either choose to use the balance as store credit, or be charged 25% of the total original cost of the order and receive a refund for the remaining 75%.
Delivery Refund/Cancellation Policy:
Orders that require delivery and cannot be delivered due to customer’s wrong information or availability will be taken back to Yours Truly Cupcake and stored, cater-wrapped so that it’s air-tight, until further notice from customer. The customer will be notified that the delivery was undeliverable and can be pick-up from the shop within 48 hours.
Should you require a future delivery date or time, you will be held responsible for an additional redelivery charge. Because of the nature of our business and our quality and freshness assurance, we will dispose of any cake, cupcake, baked item that is not picked up or delivered within 48 hours after the due time and you will NOT be refunded due to the above rules.
Orders Not Picked Up:
If an order is not picked up by the end of business on the day it was scheduled to be picked up, we will cater-wrap your order to keep it air-tight and as fresh as possible and attempt to contact you to let you know it is still available for pick-up during open business hours. Because of the nature of our business and our quality and freshness assurance, we will dispose of any cake, cupcake, baked item that is not picked up or delivered within 48 hours after the due time and you will NOT be refunded due to the above rules.
Cancellation/Refund Policy for Events + Catering Services
If you signed a contract for your event, please use that for a more detailed reference for order cancellation and refund policies. A general rule of thumb in our catering contracts is a non-refundable 50% deposit due at the time of signing. If you paid more than your 50% deposit at the time of cancellation, the extra amount can be used as store credit. You will not receive a refund for the extra amount above the 50% deposit due to the work put in by our event specialists to create your order.
If your order required a proposal at any time and the help of a staff member but was on the smaller side and didn’t require a contract, you are eligible for store-credit for the amount you paid. Refunds will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine the amount of work that went into the proposal if you wish to discuss that as an option, but is not guaranteed.